Check Out Some Great Blogs





Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mail Day



I am back from vacation and today I sent my Official Welcome Back to School letters out to each student in my class ($10.00 in postage!....the post office is killing me!) But I love to do it each year, there is something special about sending that letter and getting excited about a new school year.

My welcome back envelope is packed full of information and goodies so I thought I would share for the teachers out there looking for new ideas. Of course there is my official welcome to school letter. You can download and read it HERE.

Next a quick information sheet about what kindergarten orientation will be like and what to expect. It also has a few reminders about buying supplies.
Coloring page envelope


Next a letter written by a student from my past year's class. It is a form letter that I have each child fill in at the end of the year. They turn out so cute and I think they are really fun to send to the new students.I thought I had a copy to share but it seems to be missing I will upload it as soon as I can!



I add in my business card, always a nice for the parents to have handy.


Finally I add in some "Ready Confetti" a take on Jitter glitter that i read about on teachers.net. I create colorful confetti that they can sprinkle under their pillow the night before school tho help them sleep soundly and be ready for their big first day as a kindergartner. Click HERE if you would like a copy of the poem.



I have a few tricks up my sleeve still some magic playdoh, cookies for the parents, and cupcakes for the first day of school but that will be a post for another day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment