Check Out Some Great Blogs





Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Chalk




I was gifted the book: Chalk for my son's 5th birthday this summer and once we read it it became an instant hit and I couldn't wait to sneak it out of the house to share it with the class. I finally got a chance to bring it to school today and we went outside and I read the class the book. It is a wordless book but the illustrations and events in the story  are so vivid you don't even need words to describe them. The kids were in awe! It was silent as I turned the pages and that may be a first for this group 😉 the kids loved the story and were even more excited when I told them that for writing today we were going to illustrate our own chalk drawing and then write about them! They loved it and I can't wait to see all of the great writing that this book has inspired. 

Here are just a couple pictures of us creating our masterpieces. 












Check out the book for yourself here on YouTube:

0 comments:

Post a Comment